Do you have questions about the traffic situations on Southwest School Road or the Skeet Club Road widening project? Are you concerned over the development volume happening in our area? Have you wondered why the power has been going out so often? You are not alone.
On October 1, 2019, we held a community forum to help address population growth impact on schools and communities in Southwest Guilford School Districts.
We invited High Point City representatives from Planning and the City Council, to speak to the community on these issues and more. The goals of the meeting were to:
1. Increase community awareness of population issues such as
· traffic on Skeet Club Road, Barrow Road, Willard Dairy, and Southwest School Road.
· Rolling power outages in the area
· Need for access to parks, recreation and sidewalks
2. Discuss plans for future housing developments.
3. Understand the role of law enforcement and the school system in these issues.
4. Request High Point City/Guilford County Schools dialogue in the planning process.
The community discussion was very enlightening and productive. There is still much work to be done to help address the community's needs in providing our children with a safe, healthy community where they can live and grow.