SWES strives to maintain a safe learning environment for students and a safe work environment for staff.
All visitors are required to sign in and sign out in the front office. School staff must have a record of all people in the school at any given time. This is important for the safety of our students.
1. Upon entering the office, there is a computer set up to your right for signing in and out. Fill in your info (name, child’s name, child’s teacher, purpose of visit).
2. Take the visitor’s badge with your info from the mini printer beside the computer.
3. Wear the badge the whole time you are in the school.
4. Before leaving the school, stop back by the office and sign out on the same computer.
You are welcome to come eat lunch with your students during the day. At the beginning of the year, some teachers will prefer you wait a few weeks before joining for lunch. This gives the students time to learn and adjust to the new school year lunch routine.
Ask your student's teacher what time your child goes to lunch and when he/she thinks is a good time to start parent lunch visits. Children often love having the supportive grown ups in their lives join them for a meal.
1. Sign in at the front office
2. Proceed to the cafeteria and wait there for your student’s classroom to arrive.
3. There are tables set aside at the back of the cafeteria for visitors and students to eat. If there is space, you may sit with your student’s class.
4. There are also tables right outside the lunchroom where you can sit in nice weather.
At the beginning of the school year, usually during Open House, parents and guardians have the opportunity to sign up as a Class Parent. Class Parents assist the teachers throughout the year with special events and activities. If you are interested in participating in your child's class throughout the year, take note of the Class Parents and reach out to them for volunteer opportunities in the classroom.